Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going
.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Donation Station

Part of the new me is working really hard to share knowledge without being overbearing or judgmental and also working hard to just let it go after I've shared what I've learned over the course of my childbearing journey.  But this is leaving me feeling a little bit....I don't know the word, but it just isn't "enough" for me.  So, I've decided that I'm going to take all the energy I would usually spend worrying, getting worked up and frustrated and put it towards something positive.  To that end, I have decided to make a donation to ICAN any time someone I know is electively induced.  Obviously, I chose induction specifically because this is what led to my first cesarean and it is my own personal hot button issue. I'm hoping this will help me refocus my energies and stay positive, hopeful and encouraged and I will continue to be able to share what knowledge I have without being pushy or judgy, which of course, no one likes.

It should be noted that I absolutely and unabashedly plan to naturally encourage labor earlier rather than later with T, which I know some people would also disagree with.  Please feel free to make your own donation to ICAN in the next couple years when you read about me stimulating my nipples, having lots of sex and working with essential oils to encourage my baby to come out sooner than 41+ weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment