Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going
.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Three Years

Today is my first son, A's, third birthday.  As such, it is also the third anniversary of my first cesarean birth.  Since I have collected so many more like-birth-minded (that is not a word, not punctuated properly, and the words are probably out of order, but you know what I mean), I have gotten many congratulations on my birth day today as well.  Wow, what an amazing feeling to be honored in that way.  Today is really such a special day--it is the day I gave birth to my first son in a way I never would have imagined, but in a way that I also wouldn't change for just about anything.  I'm constantly amazed at just how far my life has come in these three very short years...how many relationships I have developed, the network of support I have built, so many friends I now have who love and care about me and wish the best for me and my family.

Today is a wonderful day.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birth Day to you and A.! I often think about all of the women I've met (you, for one) because of my births, and it amazes me to think that I never would have met them if I had not had a c-section. I'm so much better for knowing you. Hope your little guy has a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine, I often think the same. I'm so glad we're friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you so much, Melek. And of course, the gorgeous, bus loving boy, named Aydin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto, C. And he loves his crafty godmother ;)

    ReplyDelete